Welcome to the Open Source at GoDataDriven, June 2018 edition.
We start with Fokko and me. Together we did a lot of work on PyHive, with a number of PRs that
got combined in PR 219 and resulted in PyHive 0.6.0.
Fokko then did some more:
- PR 448 to sqlalchemy to add
- PR 21528, 21596, and 21597 to Spark;
- PR 3445 to Airflow to describe how to run tests using Docker;
- PR 201 to the Spark integration layer for Cosmodb.
I also did some more with PR 88 to neovim-remote and PR 3563 to Airflow.
- Kris committed PR 25 to a Docker image with Telegraf (StatsD), InfluxDB and Grafana (link
- Bas contributed PR 26 to the Kamox InfluxDB integration.
That’s it for this edition! If you are a software engineer
that would like to move in the data space, we have a new program, the
Data Engineering Training Program.
From now until October we are hiring five software engineers, offering each of them a specialised
training program. After finishing the program you’ll start working as a data engineer for us. Of
course you get a permanent position from the start of the program.
You can apply by visiting this link.
For more madness, follow me on Twitter: I’m gglanzani there!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest insights and best-practices by registering for the GoDataDriven newsletter.