Welcome to the Open Source at GoDataDriven, March 2018 edition.
And what an edition, it's fully packed!
Let's start with Kris:
But he didn't work alone! Together with Bas, they contributed to PR 1, 2, and 3 to our
Ansible scripts to install Druid! Bas kept on chumming though, and contributed to Scruid PR 9,
what our own Fokko defined as "pure art!"
Fokko wasn't exactly dormant though — even though he might have had to do open source work while
sleeping, as there's no other explanation to his prolificness!
- He contributed PR 122 and 123 to failsafe;
- Then PR 165 to Stocator;
- PR 3054, 3113, 3114, 3130, 3141, and 3165 to Apache Airflow;
- Speaking about Airflow, he helped his friend Daniel with PR 6 to his
- Not happy with all of this he also helped Google, with PR 3059 to google-cloud-java;
- He did then some more, helping our own Divolte with PR 191, 192, and 194.
I played a bit more with JupyterLab, resulting in PR 579, 580, and 586 to Jupyter's
Now onto the next bit!
Pandas documentation sprint
On the tenth of March, there has been a global effort to improve the API documentation
for pandas: worldwide people sat together and started contributing away.
GoDataDriven hosted — of course we did — the Dutch effort: Janelle and Vincent coordinated the
event and on a Saturday a dozen volunteers met at our office. This resulted in
PR 20181, 20146, 20278, 20279, 20275, 20274 by Janelle and PR 20218 and 20230 by
If you're still unconvinced we love open source…
I don't know what to do! We really love it! And we're hiring, just so you know!