Does this sound like you?
As a machine learning engineer, you work together with data scientists and data engineers on the team to build production-ready, scalable applications driven by data and AI in the Amsterdam area.
You’re a scientist or engineer who is not afraid of maths and who understands how to take models into production. Bringing something from laptop to cluster takes skill and courage and you’re not afraid to do just that.
How you will help in creating value with Data & AI
At GoDataDriven we build strong Data & AI practices to deliver value to our clients and their customers. In the past our team of data professionals has predicted the daily demand for millions of loaves of bread, built advanced energy-saving algorithms to nationwide scale, and set up data innovation labs at large multinational corporations. We have already enjoyed great success in making top companies AI-driven — just think of what more we can achieve when YOU join our team!
As a machine learning engineer you are responsible for taking AI-solutions into production in order to generate value. You make applications scalable, testable, robust, and extendable through your combined skills in engineering and machine learning.
What you will do to make AI-driven applications
You work closely with data scientists from your team to understand what problem is being solved and how. You read their code and try to modularise it, see where tests need to be added, or even challenge the data scientist on their solution to make it stronger. Your knowledge of Python helps to improve the quality of the code or potentially translate it to something like Scala or Java.
When you're working on-site with a client you may come across something that is really difficult to solve. Luckily, every few weeks everyone from GDD comes to our office to work remotely on their projects where you have the opportunity to discuss and even solve your problems with the help of the hive mind of GDD. If that's too long to wait, everybody at GDD is just a quick message away and ready to help at any time.
This is your dream job if…
- You like working on the overlap between AI and software or data engineering.
- You like building your solutions with services on public clouds or want to learn how to do that.
- You like working for different clients and enjoy the excitement of regularly getting to learn new environments and know new people.
This is not your dream job if…
- You only want to build models from data and are not interested in doing the work involved in taking these models into production.
- You are just fine with spaghetti code or do not understand what that is.
- You do not like coding, scripting, templating.
Sounds interesting? Let's talk.
The GoDataDriven Way
Respect & self-empowerment
At GoDataDriven, we treat each other with respect, cooperation, and a view towards creating an enthusiastic, self-empowered, dynamic working community. Our culture exudes creativity and ambition, and our colleagues share an insatiable thirst for knowledge. We’re especially proud of our generous training budget and our “Hack-What-You-Want” Fridays.
At GoDataDriven, you’ll find like-minded colleagues at the forefront of their fields with the courage to veer from the beaten path; they are the people who put organizations into motion.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Extended insurance
- A real training budget of €5,000 and six days, without a fight. In fact, it’s your obligation to spend it every year
- Company car for consulting roles
- Choose your laptop (once every 24 months) and phone
- And, of course, your own pair of custom GoDataDriven blue Nikes when you join!
Meet your new colleagues
We sat down with a few of our team members to talk about their work. Topics discussed include work-life balance, writing intellectually challenging code, and giving back to the community.