Lead Data Engineer
You’re an experienced data engineer with a pragmatic mindset and passion for all things data. You know how to lead engineering teams and love to guide people to greatness. You understand that good communication is part of a well operating organization and that it is critical to success. You’re able to collaborate with the business to collect and refine requirements and design technical solution that fits. You’re well versed in cloud and big data technologies. You know about distributed computing and serverless infrastructure and have experience with getting secure data applications into production. Lastly, you enjoy investigating new technologies and figuring out how these can be applied with our clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
As Lead Data Engineer you:
- organize and lead our clients’ data engineering teams;
- teach teams the best practices regarding technology choices, solution design and architecture, development techniques, CI/CD and way-of-working;
- guide teams in building solutions that are usable, maintainable, scalable, reliable, and secure;
- architect and validate solutions for data-driven solutions, also taking into account how these fit and align with the client’s enterprise architecture;
- re-structure and centralize data architectures using technologies like serverless, streaming, and cloud;
- design and help build reusable components, frameworks, and libraries to support data & analytics products and platforms;
- collect and refine requirements with the business and translate these to technical requirements that fit the need of our clients;
- and anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality.
Who Are We Looking For?
This role is a senior position with a central, coordinating role in our clients' teams, so we expect at least 6+ years of relevant professional experience. Having said that, we like to be amazed and believe that years-worked do not always equate to experience-gained: so, if you have done something outstanding like building your own open source tool or founding your own company, we still encourage you to apply.
Preferred knowledge and experience include:
- a track record of leading and organizing engineering teams;
- the ability to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders;
- experience with guiding others in solving complex problems;
- experience with the Agile way of working;
- a strong understanding of solution and technical design;
- a strong problem solving and analytical mindset;
- willingness to learn new skills and technologies;
- passionate for technology especially data solutions;
- knowledge of cloud services, big data technologies, serverless infrastructures, and streaming applications;
- an understanding of data management and governance;
- experience with building data-driven solutions and ETL pipelines;
- experience with scheduling tools like Airflow;
- proficiency in programming languages like Java, Scala, or Python;
- and experience with source control tools and related development processed.
If that sounds like you, let's talk.
The GoDataDriven Way
At GoDataDriven, we treat each other with respect, cooperation, and a view towards creating an enthusiastic, self-empowered, dynamic working community. Our culture exudes creativity and ambition, and our colleagues share an insatiable thirst for knowledge. We’re especially proud of our generous training budget and our “Hack-What-You-Want” Fridays.
In addition to a great culture, we provide competitive primary benefits:
- competitive salary;
- pension plan;
- a real training budget, without a fight. In fact, it’s your obligation to spend it every year;
- extended insurance;
- choose your laptop;
- choose your phone;
- and, of course, your own pair of custom GoDataDriven blue Nikes when you join!
Our core values are: people first, quality without compromise, sharing knowledge, and customer intimacy. At GoDataDriven, you’ll find like-minded colleagues at the forefront of their fields with the courage to veer from the beaten path; they are the people who put organizations into motion.
Meet Your New Colleagues
We sat down with a few of our data engineers to talk about their work. Topics discussed are for example work-life balance, writing intellectually challenging code, and giving back to the community.Apply
As Lead Data Engineer you are responsible for bringing data driven solutions using functionality provided by the modern cloud platforms.