Before working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), it is important to have the right skills and knowledge. This 1-day Foundation level training is all you need to get started with Big Data and Machine Learning on GCP.
The training offers a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs that introduce you to the Big Data and Machine Learning capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will learn to process Big Data at scale for analytics and Machine Learning. You will explore the fundamentals of building new machine learning models and creating streaming data pipelines and dashboards.
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
Perfect for Developers, sysadmins, and Solution Architects
- The value of Google Cloud Platform for Big Data & Machine Learning
- How to process Big Data at scale for analytics
- How to leverage GCP service for Machine Learning
- How to create streaming data pipelines and dashboards
Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Google Platform Fundamentals Overview
- Google Cloud Platform Big Data Products
Compute and Storage Fundamentals
- CPUs on demand (Compute Engine)
- A global filesystem (Cloud Storage)
- Lab: Set up a Ingest-Transform-Publish data processing pipeline
Data Analytics on the Cloud
- Stepping-stones to the cloud
- Cloud SQL: your SQL database on the cloud
- Lab: Importing data into CloudSQL and running queries
- Spark on Dataproc
- Lab: Machine Learning Recommendations with Spark on Dataproc
Scaling Data Analysis
- Fast random access
- Lab: Build machine learning dataset
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow
- Lab: Carry out ML with TensorFlow
- Pre-built models for common needs
- Lab: Employ ML APIs
Data Processing Architectures
- Message-oriented architectures with Pub/Sub
- Creating pipelines with Dataflow
- Reference architecture for real-time and batch data processing
- Why GCP?
- Where to go from here
- Additional Resources
Data Engineering Learning Journey
Daniel van der EndeData Gandalf
The Right Format For Your Preferred Learning Style
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.