Training scheduleJoin waiting list
Own the workflow!
This two-day training program is packed with all the ins and outs to learn and improve your dbt (data building tool) skills.
With this open-source piece of magic, you will be able to transform data in warehouses with simple statements. Modeling strategies, automated testing, performance optimization will be in your toolkit afterwards.
Including verified dbt Learn Certificate!
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
- Build models to shape your data from raw data to transformed data
- Configure and run tests on your data to meet your expectations
- Write, generate, and view documentation while you develop
- Deploy your dbt Project to run on a schedule with dbt Cloud
- Leverage Jinja and Macros to write DRY code
- Learn about how dbt interacts with Data Warehouse and BI Tools
- Learn about the role of an analytics engineer
- Distributed dbt Learn norms
- Fundamentals of dbt and Project Design
- Learn how to test your transformations and source data
- Document your transformations to improve collaboration
- Deploy your dbt projects
- Polishing your dbt project
- Using Jinja within dbt
- How to use packages and projects
- When and where to use dbt Materializations
- What incremental Models are and where we can use them
- An overview of the different data warehouses
- Techniques of the trade
Data Engineering Learning Journey
Lucy SheppardData Spirit Guide
Lucy is a fully qualified teacher with four years experience at a UK bank, building models to generate customer risk profiles. She has always had a passion for learning and teaching so when she got to combine this with her skills in data by becoming a data science trainer she felt extremely lucky. Lucy endeavours to continually produce and deliver high quality training to share knowledge and support the next iteration of data scientists.
The Right Format For Your Preferred Learning Style
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.