Training scheduleJoin waiting list
The Power of Storytelling
Do you often get asked to tell a story or answer a question with your data? Do you often find it hard to make compelling visuals to really give impact or drive decision making? Does your audience often leave without understanding the key points from your analysis? Come to this courses to learn how to create compelling data visualisations that inform and drive action.
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
Storytelling with Data
- How to use key plotting libraries in Python such as matplotlib, seaborn and altair
- The best practices when it comes to data visualisation
- How to identify and include key information to get the right message across
- The difference between functional graphs, opinions and data storytelling
The program consists of both theory and hands-on exercises.
- What is data storytelling
- Why is data storytelling an important skill today?
Python for visualisation
- How to use Python libraries matplotlib, seaborn and altair
- How to make simple visualisations
- How to add to your visualisations to share more information
- The benefits of different plotting libraries and when to use each one
Visualisation best practices
- Choosing the right graph for your use case
- Information design best practices
- Labelling visualisations for impact
- Impactful colour palettes
Apply storytelling to your graph
- How to use meaningful narratives
- Objective vs Subjective graphs
- How to make neutral graphs
- The difference between storytelling and opinion
Data Science Learning Journey
Juan Manuel PerafanAnalytics Engineer
Juan is an Analytics Engineer with a passion for data visualization and programmatic solutions. His mission is to make organizations become data-driven using user-friendly tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Fivetran.
The Right Format For Your Preferred Learning Style
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.